Two hundred and twenty journalists can’t be wrong (or if they are you try telling them that!).
That’s how many journalists gave us their time to complete a comprehensive seventy four question survey to help marketers pitch better, get a better press release hit success rate, understand their working day and create a better working relationship.
- Did you know that sixty six percent of lifestyle journalists are more likely to feature the product of the PR they have a positive relationship with?
- That ninety four percent of journalists prefer to communicate with PR professionals by email not phone?
- That over fifty percent of emails received by thirty five percent of journalists are from PR professionals?
- That the average journalist receives twenty five press releases a day?
- That relevancy and subject heading are the two key features that make a journalist open a press release?
- That eighty two percent of journalists suggest you do NOT follow up a press release with a phone call?
- That fifty eight percent of journalists surveyed say that most PRs do not understand the difference between a pitch and a press release?
- That seventy two percent of the media said that a relevant subject heading is what makes them open a pitch email?
The PitchIt2Me Media Survey Report 2012 is a thirty two page document filled with valuable information to get your pitches read, your phone calls returned and your brand and/or client into the media in a positive light every time.
The even better news is the report is FREE and you can download it here.